Tuesday, August 28, 2007

September 10, 2006

[ Mood: Happy ]
[ Listening to Bas Ek Pal - Bas Ek Pal Currently: Listening to Bas Ek Pal - Bas Ek Pal ]

Bas Ek Pal is such an amazing song! I am love with that soundtrack except "Dheemey Dheemey" song, which is okay, but not as great as other numbers. Hopefully, Vivek-Philip & Mithoon will release more incredible soundtracks.

This entry actually belong for Monday, September 4th:

It’s been an interesting day. In order for you to “enjoy” the completely, I must provide some details and background regarding past week. One of my good friends came back to hometown on Saturday. My friend and I had plans of going to see him because we had not seen him in quite a long time and he rarely comes home. I have today off for ‘Labor Day.’ That makes it a 3-day weekend. There was a significant college football game on Saturday which, of course, involved my college. Not having a car, I desperately sought for a ride back home. My friend has a car but he decided to stay for the game and thus for the weekend because there’s no point going home just for a day and come back. Since there was no possible way I could come home, my parents made plans of traveling to Michigan to see my uncle. Following the victorious match, my friend decided to go home as we both didn’t want to let down our close friend. I had keys to home, so it wouldn’t have been a problem for me to find a place to stay. Thus, we embarked on our trip yesterday afternoon and arrived in town at evening. Following the arrival, we hung out with out friend and his family and then I came back home pleased. I forgot to mention that keys I have is only of the back door and not of the front. It is a double-lock system, so I can lock the door from the inside, leave and wouldn’t need to use the key to lock the door from the outside. Since my parents left, they double-locked every door in the house.

This morning, I decided to present a surprise to my parents by mowing the lawn so my dad wouldn’t have to mow it upon return. I put on my gym shorts, under-shirt and shoes. Gym shorts are quite short and don’t have any pockets. I opened the garage and closed the door behind me. I realized that I had forgotten the oil for the lawn mower. I proceed towards to the door and tried to turn the door knob…tried really hard. I have locked myself out! First thing that came to my mind was “No freakin’ way!” At that point, It is only human’s natural tendency to keep trying to open the door as the door knob will magically turn and the lock will be unlocked. I could not believe what had happened. My friend was supposed to pick me up in 4 hours and we were to go back to college. Series of questions occurred during that time:
“Can I survive without laptop for 4 days? “Yes.”
“Can I survive without cell phone for 4 days?” “Hardly, it can be managed somehow.”
“Can I survive without my college ID for 4 days?” “It’s a bit risky but still possible.”
“Can I survive without money for 4 days?” “Yes, possibly.”
“Can I survive without my Calculus and Organic Chemistry books? “Possibly.”
“Can I survive without my room keys for 4 days?” “No.”

There was the problem. Even though I could ask my roommates for keys each time, I think it would have a huge ordeal considering none of our classes match and I would have to completely depend on them. So, cutting the story short, I went to my neighbor’s place, called parents, they told me call a locksmith from Yellow Book. He came and fixed the lock. So, it was an interesting day, I learned few things, pondered about few. It’s weird that it happened because as I was closing the door, I was just thinking that mom shouldn’t worry too much about me because I am fully capable of taking responsibility and living up to it. I am afraid I was wrong, and I am not so grown, after all. No matter how old you get, you will always be younger and inexperienced compare to your parents. I pity those people who are insolent to their parents.

Fantasy Football starts today! FINALLY!

[Bart becomes Marge's partner in Tennis at the last minute]
Homer: It's obvious what's happening. I'm being replaced by a younger, more in-your-face version of me.
Lisa: Dad, you're just going through a classic Oedipal anxiety. You remember the story of Oedipus, don't you?
Homer: Well, maybe five bucks would refresh my memory.
Lisa: [sighs] Oedipus killed his father and married his mother.
Homer: Eugh! Who pays for that wedding?
Lisa: I'm just saying you feel threatened by Bart, but it's all in your head.
Homer: You're right. But just to be safe, maybe I should chain him up.
Lisa: Dad, I think you're overreacting.
Homer: I think you're under-reacting.
Lisa: This session's over.
Homer: This session's under.
Lisa: Good-bye! [leaves]
Homer: Bad-bye!


- Abhinav

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol... nice stories Abhinav... captivating... ;)