Monday, August 27, 2007

July 13, 2006

[ Mood: Very Sad ]
[ Listening to Yeh Jo Desh Hai Tera - Swades Currently: Listening to Yeh Jo Desh Hai Tera - Swades ]

Ahh...soo many thoughts swimming in my mind, trying to escape out into the free world, but they have no choice except to suffer due to my indolence.

First of all, I would like to commemorate all the innocent victims of train bombings in Bombay, which proved to be yet another cowardly act by terrorists or militant groups. When will all this stop? When will there be an ultimate peace? When will people realize that war/violence is not the solution? Despite being an extreme optimist, I can only admit that ultimate peace may never betide in our lifetime. So much sufferance and chaos spreading in the world and I can only do so much. It makes me sad, very sad. That brings me to the next point. When ‘Ya Ali’ makes me happy and somehow provides a warm and relaxed feeling, ‘Yeh Jo Desh Hai Tera’ makes me sad and very emotional. It makes me cry, every time I listen to it. It has so many meanings to it, especially if you’re away from your home and the loved ones. This song incited me even more after watching a video that was featured on Google Videos. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the video with you since it has been deleted by the user. I am searching it every five minutes hopelessly hoping that somehow it will be found in the archives. The video had 'Yeh Jo Desh Hai Tera' song in the background and contained a compilation of pictures of people who live proudly in India in spite of being really poor and still managing to seek happiness and satisfaction. It made me think...a lot. The video is so brilliantly made that it will make you cry. It's depressing as we rarely think of those subjects in our busy and fast-paced lifestyles. I wish I could see it again as a mean of motivation to constitute more on this matter...

On to the brighter portion of the entry...(these will mostly be random thoughts)

The trip to NJ/NY was of course an unsatisfactory and short one, as I presumed. Took a lot of pictures and visited few places, although not as many as I desired. I would like to add more, but don't have the inspiration...

Anyway, I was reading the contents of ‘Pyaar Ke Side Effects’ CD, and came across the list of singers. Alisha Chinai (or Chinoy or Chinnoy; remember her from widely-acclaimed ‘Made in India’ album?) sung two of the songs, ‘Allah Bachaye’ and the remix version of ‘Bad Boys.’ I used to be a huge fan of ‘Made in India’ song and having adequate time in hand, I decided to search her latest achievements in the Entertainment Industry. In process, I stumbled upon her latest picture...I could hardly believe my eyes.

She progressed from to to

I just stared at the laptop screen for about a minute or so...

Well, I want to write more, as always, but i must get some sleep instead of enduring a painful headache at 6 in the morning. Later, fellow readers!

Leaving with a quote from 'The Simpsons':

Bart: Dad, what's a Muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man...So, to answer you question...I don't know!


- Abhinav

No comments: