Saturday, August 25, 2007

March 25, 2006

[ Mood: Neutral ]
[ Listening to Ya Ali - Pritam - Gangster Currently: Listening to Ya Ali - Pritam - Gangster ]

After almost three months of silence, I have been somehow inspired to resume writing again. I’m not certain whether this motivation will be persistent or not, but we’ll see.

I’m currently on my Spring Break but that is about to end soon. I’ll be heading back to my university tomorrow afternoon. Not very excited to leave my hometown and most importantly my parents, but don’t have much of a choice.

Well, I have been thinking a lot lately and astonishingly coming to acceptable conclusions. God is finally providing answers. If you’re curious regarding the things I have been pondering about, then they are listed below (in no particular order):
Love and how it has affected my life
Importance of friends in my life
The amelioration of technology in the coming years
The possibility of everlasting life and my enthusiasm towards it
Past mistakes and regrets
The end of the world a.k.a. Armageddon
Other minor and major issues existent in this world

I know you most likely don’t care, but here are my views on them:

Being a proud Hindu, I believe in true love and soul-mate. Since I have moved to U.S.A, I have noticed few things which have, sometimes, assisted in making my belief on true love ever more strong while sometimes they have tried to manipulate me. I’m glad that I was able to control myself and never abandoned my own faith. I noticed my friends constantly getting in serious relationships and then breaking up some days/weeks/months later with several girls. I don’t think it is right. How can you love various girls in just matter of months or weeks or even days? What happened to all those commitments and promises? Giving that sort of relationship the name of ‘Love’ would be an insult to the purity of love. It’s called infatuation. Honestly, I have been in ‘love’ few times. Yes, I was naïve back then. It had always been one-way love though. I was never able to gather enough courage to ask the girls out or even attempt to discover their feelings towards me. Now, at this point, I know you’re thinking of me as a coward. You’re thinking that I wasn’t man enough to reveal my true feelings. That is absolutely not true. I believe in long-term relationship. Before even getting in a relationship, I considered my reaction and state of mind in case my girlfriend and I decided to break-up after some period of time. Will I ever be able to originate the same kind of feelings towards some other girl? Will those feelings be true? I concluded that those feelings wouldn’t be original and thus fake. Since then, I have decided never to let myself generate strong feelings for a particular girl unless I was planning to marry her in future or getting into some serious relationship. Otherwise, they just accumulate to a tremendous distraction factor. In this today’s world, many of the males/females of my age would like to contradict my points and previous statements. If you think you’re one of them, please feel free to leave comments or contact me. I would love to argue on the matter as it would only help me in expanding my thoughts and differentiate ideas.

Moving on...

Frankly, Americans are quite selfish. That being said, it is somewhat difficult to confide in a friend and make ‘best’ friends. I would like to add, at this point, that I don’t have any best friend, but numerous good friends. I do have few (American) friends that are completely trust-worthy and I know they will remain loyal to me in time of need. Though, I have realized few things. Friends are made along the way – in the journey of life – to isolate your loneliness and basically replace the reflection of parents (during parents’ absence). No matter how close of a friend you have, it is you who will make your destiny. It is you, if taken the wrong path due to poor associations, will suffer the consequences. It could be easily inferred that I am making references to Peer Pressure. I am determined not to let my friends take over my life and not necessarily let them make the decisions for me.

I desire to write more, I seriously do…but I must get some good sleep before I start slacking off on sleep once college starts... :Sigh: what a frustration…

Leave some comments...Good Night!

- Abhinav

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys fake their love and after continuosly using their girlfriends for stupid needs, marry a sati savitri type of their parents' choice. THE END!!

Aishna said...

I don't know what else to do. All I do is listen to music, watch tv and read blogs.

Anyways, I wish I could delete the above comment. Not every guy is the same. But for most boys, love is nothing but an unnecessary burden. Boys never grow up enough to understand the meaning of love.

Love..I just found out that my childhood friend is thinking of getting a divorce because she thinks she can never get over her first love. That weird looking guy...I know him.. went to Canada and never came back..how sad!!

TIP (just for fun ..ON A DATE): Always start with your bollywood/hollywood favorites OR you can talk about reality shows. 2 second mein doodh ka doodh pani ka pani ho jayega. Stupid boys like Akshay Kumar. Shahrukh haters love Aamir Khan.
If your date likes Shahrukh/Aamir, ask why they like them. I am a Shahrukh fan and I know a lot of people who like him for strange reasons..:)

Americans are selfish!! Yes, they are!!! lol..I still need to take revenge on some Americans. But atleast, they tell you on your face if they are interested in you or not. No waiting!! No time wastage!!
I don't understand why they smoke sooooo much..And VIDEO GAMES..30 year olds play video games in America.. I've played Resident Evil I, II, III & IV..didn't get the chance to play RE5.. but still 'Americans are Americans'.

Yeah, you are right!! "..how can you love various boys(girls) in just matter of months or weeks or even days? What happened to all those commitments and promises? Giving that sort of relationship the name of ‘Love’ would be an insult to the purity of love. It’s called infatuation..."

I love every single word of your blog. I wish (I ALWAYS wish wish wish..lol) I could get a guy like you. You sound so attractive and intelligent, Abhinav.

Abhi Aish..We are both Capricorns... 'now that we see the signs can we walk this line together?? I want to say a lot of things but in private.. You are never online!!!

Anyways, I'm quitting internet for real this time. Take Care